If you are interested in gaining practical work experience that will expose you to the world of television broadcasting and news reporting in a fast-paced work environment, then APTN’s Internship Program is for you! You’ll have the opportunity to put what you’ve learned into practice, build your contact list and further develop the skills necessary to have a successful career in the industry.
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers, APTN is proud to support the professional development of Indigenous students and their future careers in television broadcasting.
- Must be a First Nations, Inuit or Métis permanent resident of Canada
- Must have a desire to follow a career path in the television broadcast industry
- Must be enrolled in a post-secondary Journalism or Television Broadcasting Program at an accredited Canadian institution, preferably in the final year of studies
- Must commit to a defined timeframe on a full time basis at APTN
This position is paid and may potentially lead to continued employment with APTN.
When applying for the Internship Program, you must provide:
- Current resume
- Copy of official transcript of most recent marks
- Proof of current registration in a full-time post-secondary Journalism or Television Broadcasting Program at an accredited Canadian institution
- One page statement of approximately 500 words outlining your education, experience and career goals
- You may also submit any letters of recommendation that you believe may be useful to your application.
There is no deadline to apply for the Internship Program.