Summer Student Departmental Assistant Camera Operator
Are you currently enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary program related to Broadcasting? Do you want to complement your knowledge with valuable hands on experience, during your summer break? If you said YES, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Highlights of this Opportunity:
• Shoot and edit news material for the News & Current Affairs programming;
• Operate ENG, studio cams and broadcasting equipment;
• Perform required requests to and from all APTN formats;
• Organizes program material including audio, video, graphics, titles, bins, clips, and sequences within the editing system;
• Assist the technical crew, production/support staff and on-air hosts with a variety of productions¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬;
• Ensure the secure handling and storage of confidential documents.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• As this position is funded thru the Canada Summer Jobs program the following requirements must be met; secondary and post-secondary students aged 15 – 30 who were registered as full-time students during the preceding academic year and who intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
• A keen eye for the details, strong computer skills;
• Solid time management skills as you will need to meet a variety of set deadlines;
• Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before May 31, 2023.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: All interviews are currently being held via MS Teams or teleconference.