APTN invests in Indigenous education by connecting, supporting and inspiring Indigenous scholars across Canada.
APTN’s Indigenous Scholarship Program supports First Nations, Inuit and Métis students in the course of their studies. Through Indspire’s Building Brighter Futures: Bursaries, Scholarships and Awards program, Indigenous students who would not otherwise have the opportunity to complete a course of study receive $2,000 which may be applied to their academic and/or living costs.
- Must be a First Nations, Inuit, or Métis permanent resident of Canada.
- Must be enrolled or accepted in a minimum two-year, full-time program with an accredited Canadian educational institute.
- Must maintain a minimum overall average of 65% or above and provide a transcript of grades.
- Cannot be employed by APTN, be a board member, or be the family member of an APTN employee or board member.
- Must be actively involved in the Indigenous community.
Interested students should follow these steps to submit their application online:
- Go to https://indspirefunding.ca/aptn/. You will be redirected to the Indspire Building Brighter Futures: Bursaries, Scholarships and Awards website.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the page.
- Follow the website’s instructions and be sure to include any required documents that are outlined in the application platform.