APTN has a strong company culture that fosters creativity and growth for all staff members.
Our excellent benefits and positive work environment are designed to keep our employees healthy — physically, emotionally, spiritually and financially.
Impressive employee benefits:
- Above-average total compensation
- Group insurance and pension (basic health benefits fully paid by APTN as well as matched pension contributions)
- Health and wellness spending account
- Employee and Family Assistance Program, including access to support from Elders and knowledge keepers
- Vacation days, float days and above-average allotment of annual holidays
- Maternity and parental leave top-up payments
Training and development:
- We strongly encourage and support career development opportunities that build professional status within the broadcasting industry.
- We’re an organization where Indigenous talent can develop and flourish.
- We offer career planning services as well as subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation.
- We provide formal mentoring and in-house training.
- We support external training and professional association activities.
- Our Long-Service Awards Program recognizes employees who have reached service milestones. This begins after five years of service and goes up to a maximum of 25 years. For each milestone attained by our employees, we present them with a traditional Indigenous gift.
- Each month, APTN recognizes employees who exemplify one of the sacred teachings in our culture code. We celebrate the employees together via a virtual meetup.
- We promote employee camaraderie through a variety of fun and dynamic social events.
- We support Indigenous cultures and community spirit.
- We encourage employees to take on volunteer opportunities and to recognize that we have a responsibility to help strengthen our communities.
A unique workspace:
- The main entrance of our headquarters in Winnipeg features a lounge area and TV wall with nine flat screens that showcase APTN’s programming. The area also includes screens for employee and guest communications, such as employee recognitions and information about special events.
- Our maple-wrapped circular studio and APTN National News workspace feature Four Directions artifacts which represent Indigenous cultures.
- Our office spaces are painted using an Indigenous colour scheme (blue, red and yellow).
- Our boardroom features a custom-made round table that is designed to reflect the traditional medicine wheel.